Michael L. Johnson
Senior Sales and Marketing Executive with over 25 years of comprehensive experience in sales, marketing, business development, and strategic planning. Strong knowledge of the health care and high tech markets. Possess 12 years of executive management experience with a proven record of progressively responsible positions in the medical electronics, medical devices, and contract pharmaceutical industries.
- Appointed by GE Healthcare to assist in the development of a new sales process to improve linearity of results, improve predictability of forecasting, shorten the sales cycle time and increase win rates.
- Appointed by Vice President of Oracle Majors to map a new sales process to accelerate sales and shorten the sales cycle time of their application software.
- Appointed by the CEO of Oread to develop and Launch a new “Preferred Outsourcing Partnership Program” that increased sales by 54% and grew average order size by over 50%.
- Developed and implemented professional telesales and telemarketing organizations at Oread, Becton Dickinson, Siemens, and Miller Heiman.
- Re-engineered the North American Sales Organization of Becton Dickinson Infusion Therapy System, which resulted in increased market share from 42% to 53%, increased average order size by 50%, decreased cost of sales, and reduced sales cycle time by 34%.
- Assisted BASF in developing a Strategic Account Management Program that has been recognized as world class process.
- Developed a Strategic Account Management Process that resulted in sole source preferred vendor status with VHA/Novations, Amerinet, Premier Healthcare Alliance and Allegience.
- Re-engineered an under performing sales region for Siemens Medical Systems. The results were a 44% increase in revenue while maintaining and growing business in 90% of existing client base.
- Expert in sales process mapping, buy cycle analysis and implementation, and sales management system.
- Developed basic and advanced selling skills programs for Siemens Medical Systems, Becton Dickinson, and Oread Labs.
- Co-developed a new collaborative partnership process that assists clients in retention, penetration and growth of targeted collaborative partners.
Endorsements and Credentials:
- Contributed to the publication - Selling Machine
- Publications include The Sales Management System and Value Creating Collaborative Partnerships
- Recognized speaker at Barnett Conferences on Strategic Outsourcing Relationship Management
- Member, charitable work and ministries for Corpus Christi Church
- BS and Harvard Executive Education degrees
For the past 19 years,
Craig has helped business leaders and groups learn to incorporate an advanced
approach to change and development of their businesses, their operations,
their organizations and their people. He has worked across the U. S., Europe,
and parts of Asia with small and large corporations who are striving to
further develop their strategic, leadership, and operational capabilities
in systemic and integrated ways.
Craig began his career of seeking
and implementing improved approaches as a manufacturing manager in Procter
and Gamble. He later applied these approaches as an HR executive and internal
consultant for Mars Inc.
He is a senior member of the Institute for Developmental
Processes, located in Carmel, California. For over twenty years, the Institute
has studied and developed technologies, philosophies, and methodologies
for creating advanced business organizations which reap the full potential
of their employees at all levels and apply that potential to the delivery
of superior customer value and the achievement of ongoing business improvement,
innovation, and growth.
He is a graduate of the University of California,
Berkeley, with a B.S. in Industrial Engineering and and MBA in Operations